Outreach Doctors is currently seeking applications for the below positions.
Hervey Bay & Fraser Coast - Full time
Due to significant growth in our patient case load we are seeking a Vocationally Registered General Practitioner with either FACRRM or FRACGP to join our Primary Health Care team. This new position will suit a highly motivated and considerate GP in providing exceptional health care to residents of the Fraser Coast Region at the Outreach Doctors Hub located in Pialba, Hervey Bay, Queensland.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to partake in the array of services that Outreach Doctors provides to the Fraser Coast community. Whilst in the short term your main focus would be on assisting with our growing patient load in clinic. However, this position comes with scope to expand in the medium to long term with opportunities for provision of outreach services. We encourage applicants with a particular area of interest that could add to the organisation’s suite of services..
Services to the Fraser Coast Community that we provide:
- Holistic primary health care.
- Chronic disease management including care plans and health assessments.
- Complex case management/case conferencing with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Treatment for Hepatitis C in collaboration with Sunshine Coast University Hospital Gastroenterology Department
- Iron infusions.
- Immunisations and are also a private vaccination provider.
- A vertically integrated mental health service including child and adolescent mental health.
- Sexual health screening and treatment with a focus on education, prevention and harm minimisation including prescribing of PrEP.
- Regular community events to ensure that we remain connected to our community.
- Family planning including provision of antenatal services by our midwife.
- Advocate for our patients and connect them with relevant services in our region.
- Understand the connection between a healthy environment and a healthy community.
- Foster and build relationships with other community organisations.
- Through a partnership with a local pharmacy we are able to provide free webster packing and delivery for our patients.
- A streamlined referral process for assisting patients with NDIS and Aged Care access through a collaboration with another community facing organisation.
- An attentive Palliative Care service providing care to patients and their families to support patients to pass away at home if they have made that decision.
At Outreach Doctors we are committed to staff development and training, our people are our business. We recognise this by providing a supportive, empowered and collaborative team culture.
About the Role:
Due to the recent expansion of the practice, Outreach Doctors has a new role that has become available for an experienced General Practitioner with either FACRRM or FRACGP.
We have a team of experienced and dedicated nursing staff, aboriginal health workers and admin support. We have a high nursing to doctor ratio to ensure that you are well supported.
Essential assets for the role:
- This is not a standard primary care practice. We are seeking down to earth and authentic medical professionals only. Be part of a busy and diverse practice where you will truly work as part of a flexible and supportive team.
- Assist with clinical leadership at all levels of the organisation.
- The ability to manage a complex portfolio of patient files.
- Experience working with vulnerable and disadvantaged communities including those either homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- A working knowledge of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and how it relates to healthcare delivery.
- The successful applicant will deliver comprehensive, coordinated, and continued medical care to patients of all age groups. This may include visits to Aged Care facilities in the community.
- Completing thorough and rigorous assessments in the community including both in the home, clinic and in an outreach capacity.
- Being a strong patient advocate.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team with specialists, allied health, clinical and administration professionals to ensure appropriate intervention and continuity of care.
Benefits of the role
- Extremely attractive % of billings.
- A flexible workplace environment with part-time and full-time opportunities.
- Work within a brand new purpose built practice.
- Latest technology provided by the company including use of Best Practice Software.
- Assistance with relocating may be negotiated as part of the employment offer.
Please apply with a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role with current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome enquiries relating to the this position and Outreach0 Doctors, please call Practice Manager Angie Walters on 07 4155 5062.
I acknowledge the Butchulla people – the Traditional Owners of the land I live,work and play on, and pay my respects to their Elders, past, present and emerging.